Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Week

I have been rather absent last week from bloggerland. It was a busy week, worked 60hrs and had lots other little moments of fantasticness. The week started out great with Sunday Supper up at the lake with Al and Elena and friends having us all up for some delcious supper and games.


Then it was to the grindstone for work.. work while it was extremely busy was super cool and interesting.. like "we're not sure if you have a clot in your heart so before we do this procedure we have to make sure".. so lets just sedate you and put a scope down your throat so we can ultrasound your heart.. soso cool and one of the clearest shots I have ever seen of all the working of the heart that and and just other random interesting sick people. I LOVE my job!!!! this week while we were riding in the back of the ambulance on the way back from RCH (we had left the patient there) Karen and I were talking and it suddenly hit me.. that THIS WAS WORK!!! I never had once imagined that this is what I would be doing as a nurse and how much I would be fascinated by it and love it. Work was most of the week but it didn't stop the hanging out with the brothers, cuddling the puppies and spending time lying on the backyard watching the meteorites!!
Then it was off to whistler for a night with the brothers and Corina. We camped up there, walked the village, went to the waterfall and did MONKIDO!!!! Joel had gone up there with youth group earlier this summer and loved it and Corina and I had done a similar course on the island but derek had never so it was so so much fun. nothing quite like slack lines 60 feet up, ziplines, tarzan ropes, and swinging planks to jack that adrenaline.

Then it was back to work on Sunday. So i have been finishing up my critical care orientation and just have two shifts left.. but on Sunday we were so short that I was on my own in acute one (read minor heart attack when I saw the schedule).Never mind that as Amy and I were driving in to work I had said that I thought I was ready. Thankfully everything went very smoothly and maybe it was a good thing to have the first one unscheduled, less time to get nervous.
(pics are not loading right now.. so may be eta pics later!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment