Friday, January 28, 2011

I just want to get home!!






So on Wednesday it is a very good thing that I had a hefty dose of both of those adorable faces and the river in the morning or else this story may have ended in tears.. not unstoppable laughter!!
I was headed home from a princessy 8 hour shift because I had extended the night before upon the promise that I could start at eleven vs seven so that am I had had time for a bit of a sleep in and doggy time at the river before headed to work in the least acute area.. hooray for once in a blue moon shifts in fast track. I have been experiencing +++ issues with my little car leaving me on the side of the highway when ever it rained and being generally difficult so I was no stranger so car troubles but on this day Clarice was away at car spa and I was driving my parents van. When I had driven it the day before I checked the gas gage because the van is notoriously low on gas. I had noted that it was a little over the 3/4 mark. Fantastic. As I was driving home from work on wed on the highway suddenly the van just wasn't responding to gas.. I started to slow.. thats weird.. then it sputtered a bit.. great.. just like Clarice. Gas maybe... nope I have more gas than yesterday so not that... WAIT.. MORE gas than yesterday!!!.. oops may be it had been a bit over 3/4 EMPTY yesterday!!!.. I reduced speed to conserve gas and coasted up the Watcom overpass where of course the light was red. I turned on to the overpass and promptly died. It restarted and just crested the top when it died again.. I coasted down the hill swung around the corner and coasted up into the Shell and died just at the pumps. YES!!!.. oh.. the gas tank is on the other side. I clambered out.. yes clambered out.. did I mention the drivers side door was jambed so every time I say I went back in- picture me climbing through the passenger side and over the massive gear shifter. The gas handle didn't reach.. now what.. I went in to ask if they had a Jerry can( resisted the urge to call it a petrol suitcase, haha) that I could use, nope just ones to sell. Well I was too cheap to buy a jerry can when I had made it to the gas station . I went out and tried to start it again. no go, tried phoning the dad.. no answer. I climbed back out. "do you have pop can or something I can fill as a Jerry can".. I got a large Slurpee cup, fill that up and tried to pour it in. Climbed back in.. no start. Climbed back out.. "I guess I'll take that Jerry can", the girls wanted to try push it.. I had no idea if you could push an automatic.. but it was worth a shot though I had my doubts about one girl pushing our massive van.. but aha.. whats that.. two guys( the perfect victims). "They can push:, I said. The gas attendant was a bit leery.. I thought "why not" I put my brightest nursey voice on .. hey If I can convince psychotic patients they really want their shots of Vit H I'm sure I can convince theses guys they want to push my beast. Sure enough. though I was sure to explain that this really WASN'T my van. Back and forth and back and forth we went ( there is no power steer) and around we went to the correct side!! Success.. filler up..a few starts later and I was on the way. That is until I got home and went to collect my stuff from the van.. where exactly was my wallet?? oh yeah.. on top of the gas pump!!












2 comments:

  1. ahaha! Sorry to laugh, but that was pretty hilarious! Glad you could laugh about it too! Did you get your wallet back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment for you, is there Mel? :) Thanks for choosing to laugh and to share the story :)

    ReplyDelete