Friday, November 18, 2011

Five on Friday

1) This mornings walk in the snow reinforced the need for new hiking boots. Preferably ones that have "waterproof" somewhere in the description.

2) I'm four hours into being a single mom with a three year old and a 9 month old.  So far so good. They are sleeping... I"m alive. We will see how tomorrow goes =)

3) Deadly Duos
            a) I'm giving report on a patient I am moving out from the Trauma Room. " So the pt took a lethal dose of Med X, the result of that can be X Syndrome the symptoms being blah blah blah. However, chances of developing X Syndrome is slim because the antidote/treatment for X syndrome is Med Y, which also was consumed in excessive amounts.

          b) the PCC on the excessive disturbance coming from my Trauma Room. "is that an OD or ETOH".  me ".. ah... neither, that would be the driver of the single vehicle MVI."  ( Please don't drink, medicate, or drive high)

4) Now that mom's birthday is past, the Christmas Season is in full swing at our house. The putting up of the tree combined with multiple readings of Strauss Mouse's Silent Night had Emily declaring "that it must be Christmas Eve!!!"
                        





5) Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive. - Gil Bailie

PS: Someone asked where I had hijacked the Remembrance Day photo from as obviously it was pouring rain in Chilliwack that day and the post was from before 11am. The picture was from a ceremony in 2009. Unless specifically stated or obvious (ie the picture is of me) All photos on the blog are my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment