Saturday, August 6, 2011

Five on Friday

1) This morning Rosie and I headed up Elk. Elk is the perfect hike when you don't have to much time because I can be at Rosie's house at 9 at the top by 1130 and be home a little after 1. Just in time for a pre night shift nap =)
Good view up the Chilliwack River Valley
Unfortunately the clouds were pretty white and puffy over the valley. Super pretty but kinda cut out some of the view.
Lots of wild flowers- indian paint brush and lots that I don't have a clue what they are called =). no berries tho. The strawberries are very late- the bushes just flowering.
The clouds were getting thicker as we descended and the mist was in the trees. But a few rays of sunshine did break through.

2) This week our church was blessed with the offical installation of our new pastor. We have prayed for him for over two years and in His time the Lord has blessed us. We continue to pray a blessing on his ministry as he seeks to bring the gospel of God who reigns and Jesus Christ and Him crucified (Ish 52, 1Corth 2:5).

3) I'm normally a morning person (just ask Corina =). But this week not so much. Wednesday I woke up slowly kinda wondered why I woke before my alarm(even on days off 80% of the time it is set). I admired the sunshine in the windows... what.. sunshine.. its not supposed to be this light!!! I'm working.. I'm supposed to have left 20mins ago!!.  Lets just say that was one of the fastest out the doors EVER!!! Next day was a bit better.. up on time and out the door. Breakfast however... As I reach for my grapes on the front seat while driving down the highway I discovered they weren't there even though I knew I had taken them out side.  Ah... that's what the funny sounding crash was halfway down the road.  So much for breaky!

4) I am becoming slightly jaded and frustrated with the amount of time and resources that are taken up with  patients whose differential diagnosis include head injury vs drunk and obnoxious personality

5)On Monday our family had a true holiday monday sorta day. Stats are usually not really an outing because between Derek and I who work 7days a week and parents that usually use holidays to make more of the lawn into gardens we don't really go away. But this month we all packed up and headed out to Jones Lake.
Emily's joyful face as she tries to throw a rock to splash her mother =)
We borrowed a little lake kayak from friends so two people could go out at a time.
Dad took his fishing boat with its little blender motor.
Branson having lunch
Fabulous weather and gorgeous lake
Emily giving Zeba a bath. =)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos again, Mel!
    Any mosquitoes at Jones Lake? Jeremy and I are thinking of camping there next weekend...
    ~ Arenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos! thanks for the book recommends. will check out winter birds.loved sarah's key

    ReplyDelete