Sunday, April 1, 2012

Six on Saturday.. or I guess technically Sunday cause its 0054

1)  Because she is number one.  I love my mom!! for all sorts of more important deeper reasons as well. But for the last two super late nights for a warm cozy room and a bed with her quilts on it. 

2) You know you may be in the parking lot of the kayak store when each and every vehicle has a sweet roof rack system

3) Worked my first shift in ER in two months today
  • Got every IV (that worry was a wasted on)
  • Spent the first 5 hours
    •  wondering why I ever thought that work was fun
    • wondering who my patients actually were
    •  wondering when 10:1 patient:nurse ratios ever deemed okay
    • Being thankful for the coffee I picked up though at one point did wonder if the slight shaking of the hands was caffeine, low blood sugar, or simply adrenalin
    • Being super thankful that my partner was the amazing Chelsea O
  • Spent the last 3 hours
    •  having the I do love this feeling slowly return
    •  but also being thankful it was only a 8hr shift instead of 12

4) Fabulous little hike with Rosie and my puppy this morning.  Was a bit damp but lovely and the forest was ever so green and mossy

5)  2pm- Did oil change on car with Dad- also checked out all my tire pressure and decided that rear passenger one was not holding air to well. Chatted about getting new tires and determined that by the fall I should get new ones
     10pm- Dad texted me with income tax results. I texted back  "Thanks-  New Tires =)
     1145pm- Exited work to drove  a few meters and felt that I had a flat.  Checked out the problem tire from earlier... just fine.  The front one was flat. Just love changing tires at midnight in deserted parking lots.  So thankful Ian was working and come out to help!! Guess the new tires will be sooner rather than later. 

6)"To accomplish great things we must not only act, but dream;not only plan but also believe." Anatole France

2 comments:

  1. I so would have come to work if I knew you were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I know I was going to tell you but also did want to to work extra. NExt time I am in town we are going for coffee tho!!!

    ReplyDelete