Monday, November 10, 2014

My week in Hartley Bay was lovely... interspersed torrential downpour and winds with breaks with warm sun.  The people were kind and generous. 

My walk to work in the rain.  My office and the clinic
 Some Sunshine at the lake
 Lunch down by the water.  And W. generously gave me some Halibut!!
 Scrubs?? what are those..
 Lunch down on the Floatplane dock
 Doing house visits in the golf cart
 Don't Speed!!!
 So stormy weather on my out day cancelled the flight.  I was in community for on extra day and then on Saturday a charter float plane came and brought my replacement and I flew out.  My first time in float plan was AMAZING!!! so smooth and the view was stunning.  We stopped off at another community and then made our way to Prince Rupert.   The plane was 71 years old!!!


 Dinosaur!!
 One of my best friends family lives in Prince Rupert so I spent the afternoon with them... walking around town and watching the sunset at the port and then nummy indian food!!


Because of my delay getting out of Hartley Bay all of my flights were messed up so I ended up taking the train from Prince Rupert to Prince George.  It was gorgeous ride in the sunshine but what would have been a quick flight was a 12 hour journey
Old docks on the inlet

 Sunrise on the tidal shores of the Skeena River






Now just sitting in Prince George waiting for my flight north!!!  Just heard that the airstrip in Fort Ware is not accessible so going to fly to a nearby town and drive in.  The adventure continues!!!

2 comments:

  1. These posts are absolutely fascinating! What a totally different nursing experience it must have been working in the little clinic (and will be up in Fort Ware, too!)! And so fun that you got to leave on a float plane! Love the pictures of the Skeena River - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey melly,
    thanks for all the pics... looks like you are seeing so many beautiful parts of the province... hope the time in ft. ware goes well and can't wait to see you again <3 love you!! Elena

    ReplyDelete