Monday, February 9, 2015

January 2015

Seeing how this is turning out to be a travel blog which will hopefully soon be update from afar I will shall do a wee post from January. Pics are a mix of iphone(forgive the red shadow in the corner of EVERY picture) and a few straight out of camera... I have a lack of ambition to do any editing lately...  January was a month of quick nights away and local adventures
  I started 2015 on the Island with a dear friend.  We drank tea, read books and enjoyed the sunshine. We spend the New Year's Day up on Sombrio Beach.... 6 hours of reading,reflection  and sunshine


.


We spent a lot of time building a fire only to have it burn oh so quick
 The first sunset of 2015 over the Olympic Peninsula was pretty spectacular
 My contract with First Nations Health was cancelled in January and I did take another one.. choosing instead to work and adventure locally and be able to book tickets to visit family in Alberta
I walked lots at the river and did some  paddle boarding..

Had a wonderful day exploring with a dear old friend.  I introduced to some favorite little places.. Flood Falls and Jones Lake.  The rain fell and the skies were stormy but we walked, talked, drank tea and explored. 
 Jones Lake was icy and cold



Ben and I braved the rain one Friday afternoon and checked out the new suspension bridge at Cascade Falls


 The last week in January- My mom, dad, sister and her baby and I headed out to Fort Mac out for my Opa's 80th Birthday!!!! We had a lovely weekend there.. seeing family and staying with my sister and her family.
Getting out in the uncharacteristic warm Alberta sunshine
 The ice was not as thick as it looked... just saying
 Lots of fun looking through old albums
 Visiting friends on farms


 Rounded out the month with another gorgeous paddle up on Cultus


No comments:

Post a Comment