Saturday, December 31, 2011

Six on Saturday

1) I love the day before my first night shift.. its kinda like a little vacation.. yesterdays was particularly nice as I had a blustery riverside walk with one of my monster puppies and then met a wonderful old friend for lunch.  The afternoon was cozy little nap and then some games with friends before heading off.
2) Im 4/5ths through a set right now.  I found out this week that statistically the week following Christmas is the busiest week of the year in the ER. This is one stat that I am a believer in. Crazy shifts with such a fabulous variety of patients.  That being said I saw nothing but the inside of the trauma rooms for 2 days straight so am ready for it to slow down a touch... but that may just be wishful thinking.

3) This tidbit from the book Im reading:
"True gratitude is not an incidental ingredient. Nor is it a standalone product something that never actually intersects with life safely denying reality out somewhere on a  little happy island. No, gratitude has a big job to do in us and in our hearts. And it is one of the chief ways God instills joy and resilience into the daily struggle of life."

4) Working my last shift of the set tonight.  My co-worker Darla wrote this little poem following last New Year's Eve night shift.. should be a fun night =)


5) The last sunrise of 2011 was a gorgeous watermelon pink.

6) I have hope that the first sunrise of 2012 will be just as gorgeous.  May you all have a fabulous evening reflecting on the blessings and trial that have been 2011 and may you go forward in to this year trusting in the Lord for his plan for your life. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    "Old" as in "old lady" or "old" as in a person who's been a friend for years already???? Ha,ha! I think you might want to clarify that!!!
    Yes, it was a lovely lunch! Thanks for that. XO

    ReplyDelete