Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blue






Blue was my insides after having the above pictured cupcakes as part of breakfast.. not on the list of recommended foods.. but however they were for the fun fun baby shower last night!

Blue is and was the colour of my dads office carpet for the past twenty five years.. however there are definite trails in it!! Got another good view of this as I got to have coffee with my dad at work today


Blue was my nose after my ride this afternoon.. it might be a "warm" February but perhaps I should still wear a coat.

Blue was the MP3 player that I used to conduct my own research study this afternoon.
Title: Are the music tastes of horses influenced by age or temperament.

Process: the study was a controlled convineance sample clinical trial.'
Participants. Two horses, both bay, socialized with the same music in their place of habitation; a mix of Praise music and country music. CS Lewis (13yrs old) calm jumper/dressage. And Mishken 8yr old, high spirited dressage/foxhunting.
Methods- Ear buds were held to the horses ears so they could hear it, Two songs were played, Josh Groban's Ava Maria, and a Jesse McCarthney's Beautiful Soul. Their reactions were duly noted.

Results- Lewis- To the classical he lowered his head, closed his eyes and entered a state of relaxation. To the popular pop music he tossed his head and pinned back his ears. Conclusion- As is fitting to his age, and good breeding and in honor of his stately name he prefers classical music

Mishken- To the classical he back hurriedly away from the music source. to the pop music he began to bob his head in time to the music. In realation to his age, and high spirited prefers the pop music.

Limitations- There is limited generalizability to this study due to the small sample size, convenience sampling and lack of a control group.

Blue; the colour of my pants when i showed up for work and got told I was an answer to prayer

1 comment:

  1. lol horses love music?? trust only you to try that experiment! haha love you:)
    -amy:)

    ReplyDelete