Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics and Stoves

So last night I "took" the night off work.. not really because I right now I am still extra and make my own schedule.. but I wasn't about to miss our Van Oosten Olympic extravaganza. All of us packed Oma's family room with chips and pizza and watched the opening of the Vancouver Winter Olympics. ++noisy, ++ comments on everything from Micheal Jean's outfit, to big discussions on what was light projected and what was actually real (?was the whale spray lights, or actually spray??). I am not a huge fan of every thing the Olympics is and represents nor the blatant humanistic viewpoint but you have to admit that some of it was very beautiful and a real great memory to have with the whole family. It was capped off by delicious INUCKSHUCK cupcakes made by the resident cupcake maker extraordinaire, Elena.


The colour is abit off ( was using dad's camera and didn't know how to adjust it) but they were nice VANOC blue and green.





Even Oma was quite enthralled.


Today I woke up with even a more sore throat and sore chest but that is okay because I have the day off.. So errands (alias for spending ++ money on non visible things like car parts and insurance), homework, nap and some winter camp prep is/was on the agenda. We also picked up Mom's new car. Pics of that to come!!

Played with my new stove (wonderful gift from my aunts/uncles).. up at camp in the snow is not the time to learn how to light it!!. It was a bit of a process but now should be fairly straightforward

1 comment: