Sunday, May 2, 2010

You have heard/seen those people haven't you. They drive far up the old logging roads in their beat up old vehicles, park pulled off into the side of the trees. They climb out of their vehicles cast wary looks around and scoot off into the forest. About twenty minutes later they return, look carefully around before rushing back to their van struggling to carry heavy black garbage bags. They load them up and drive off without a backward glance. If you see them once you will never see them again, for one can not harvest in the same place twice.

For all of you thinking aha.. growop.. think again.
That was me and mom on Saturday.
Yep doing the annual moss collection. Please don't tell David Suzuki on us. I always feel a little bad already but like my mom says "Its a renewable resource, its just like mowing the lawn". And we do take good care of the moss, ask me at the end of the summer how many hours I will have spent watering it!!!

Psalm 5:11
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You

2 comments:

  1. ha ha. i harvest my own lawn and end up with big bald patches all over ;)
    i looove the shirt skirt. i'll make one if you will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine your shifty eyes! So funny!

    ReplyDelete