Saturday, January 7, 2012

Six on Saturday

1) You know there is a bit of a generation gap when you ask someone if their parents gave them an allowance and the answer is "no, we got a pig"  WHAT.???

2) Wednesday was the day Rosie and I had been planning for two weeks to go snowshoeing.  Looking at the avalanche conditions the day before had showed Level 4 (red) which means very high risk of human triggered or natural avalanches for the Coquihalla region even the below the treeline.  I contacted a friend who lives in Vancouver and she had suggested Seymour on the north shore.  But when we woke up it was pouring rain and super windy and the forecast for the top of Seymour was 20 mm of rain so snowing shoeing was out.  We instead did the rounds on the outdoorsy stores and then tried out indoor rock climbing in Abby.  It was a ton of fun.

 

3)On Thursday Laura, Corina, and I took advantage of a very rare day off together and headed up to Hemlock for free ladies day skiing.  It snowed hard the entire day and there was tons of powder was a fabulous day to spend together.



4) So thankful for my dad who was able to resurrect my dinosaur of a computer for me the other night.  I had heard about external hard drives about two years ago and thought it was a great idea.  Then my computer slowed down about a year ago and I have been using the laptop since then.  I bought a hard drive last month and then the process to even get the other one to start!!! Why people think IT is a interesting job is beyond me!!

5) I thought I had heard it all to describe  pain.. usually it goes along the lines of its burning, stabbing, dull ache etc.. but today came the description like non other.. "So the pain comes along up in a wave it peaks and then goes chunk chunk chunk" Alright then This man also stated he was allergic to pain.   I told him that was okay, most men were. 

6)“What I’ve experienced is that I can’t know the future. I can’t know if anything that I do will change what happens tomorrow. I can’t know with certainty, but what I do know is if I do nothing, nothing will change.”
James Orbinski 
 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the laugh on the pain description :) love loo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mellie - you make me laugh with some of your ER posts! I can see that your mind takes you in some very interesting thought paths (good thing your patients can't read your mind, eh?)

    ReplyDelete