Monday, January 30, 2012

Moving

Sad Sasha

So today was the day.  The farewell tour (as my dad called).. I preferred to call it "time with friends" is done and this morning I added the last few items and headed out the door with prayers hugs and last minute gifts like grapefruits and paper towels from my mom.      
                                    
  The family's trusty truck aka the old van lasted until the end of the road before it quit on me.  A quick phone call to dad who assured that it just needed time to warm up and off I went with sputters and jerks determined to NOT miss the ferry this time =) .  But he was right.. within five minutes all was smooth sailing. 


The ferry as usual was fairly uneventful. Once I got to the island once again I was super thankful for the little map app (and camera) on my iphone. Directions to Sanich Peninsula hospital to pick up keys from Elske, Check. Transport Canada Marine Offices, Check,  New house, Check (ps... google street view was so wrong.. but the house is still cute we get possession tomorrow.  Map app aside I think I will be lucky to escape the Victoria traffic unscathed.. Between parallel parking and one way streets I'm doomed. 




I hit the SALTS office to pick up some gear and see the boats.  As I actually haven't sailed on the Pacific Swift which is going to be the vessel I'm on it was great to look around at her and get the feel of where I'll be living.  I promise lots of pictures of that to come =)  The boats are all wrapped up tight now for the winter season.
 

Tell em all I'm on vacation,
Say I went to visit friends,
That you ain't heard or seen from me in quite a while,
When they ask you where I've been,
Tell em I'm out on the west coast where it don't ever rain,
And that I'm probably doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment